This post leans heavily on the book/film ‘He’s just not that into you’
Have you seen the film? Me neither. Did you read the book? It sounded a bit ‘hyped’ to me, so I didn’t bother. But when I came across a copy of the paperback in a local bookshop or charity shop, I couldn’t resist the small amount they were asking in return for some morsels of common sense on the most frustrating relationship ‘issues’.
I’ve summarised the best bits for you, but you may still want to pick up your own copy, to keep things fresh in your mind!
So, let’s do this: (also, as a favour to you, I’ve resisted the temptation to put ‘simples’ at the end of every bullet point.)
- ‘A man would rather be trampled by elephants that are on fire than tell you that he’s just not that into you’.
- If he likes you, he will ask you out.
- If a guy is friends with someone and attracted to them, he will want to take it further.
- A guy will ask a woman out ‘of higher status’ if he’s into her.
- If a guy likes you and needs to take it slowly, he will let you know, rather than keep you guessing. (Which avoids losing you if you get pissed off with his shadiness).
- If a guy wants you, he will do the work.
- Even if he ‘loses’ your number, in this era of social media etc, he can still FIND YOU!!
- Guys know how to use the ‘phone. (A booty call is not about dating ;))
- Dating usually takes place in a public place, going to your crib or him coming to yours in not dating!
- If a guy only likes to see you only when he’s drunk, well you’re not getting his best side are you?
‘he’s just not that into you’ is a cracking read by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo.
Disclaimer: I have not be paid by anyone to promote this book (more’s the pity).